Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay or let it age

tag
earena
Contributor

Pay or let it age

I have 2 collections on my account $500 something for Verizon and $600 for a medical bill. They are not due to fall off in 2019. I know Verizon won't PFD so would it help my credit score to pay it and have it showed PIF? As for the medical bill, I don't even think the dentist is practicing anymore, I can't find his information, but even if he was should I go through the collection company or try to deal with him directly? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay or let it age

If the debt is yours and you have the resources you should pay them.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO if the dentist is out of buisness then there is no buisness to pay the debt to and no buisness to verify the debt, so if it was me I would dispute the debt since you cannot even get ahold of the original creditor.

Verizon, I would pay it off, since you will have to pay it eventually if you ever want verizon again.

Message 3 of 6
earena
Contributor

For the medical debt, would it be best to go to the original practice who reported it (if I can find them) or settle with the CA?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start with the original practice and talk to them, most times however, they have already sold it to collections and will tell you who to contact. Either way its best place to start.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many medical practices hire CA's to collect on behalf of the practice where the CA doesn't actually own the account. Some practices and Hospitals will pull it back from collections if you pay it. They are all different.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.