Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay to delete response?

tag
NeverAgain5

Pay to delete response?

Dear (me),

Until verification or the result of our investigation is completed and sent to you, we are requesting a deletion from the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs). Our control of reports is limited to reports our office initiates. Regardless of the CRA status, our client is the owner of this account(s). Weekly updates are scheduled to be sent to the CRAs electronically.

A $30.00 fee will be charged for returned checks and drafts where allowable by state.

Minimum office hours: Weekdays 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (except office observed holidays).

This correspondence is from a debt collector.

The above is a letter I received from a credit agency I sent a pay to delete letter to.

Im not sure exactly what it means because if you dont read it, it looks like a bill. Its got the company I owe, acct. number and amount owed at the top. And the bottom is the detach and return with your payment part. (you know, my address, their address, acct info. and amt. due)

Top paragraph says they are requesting deletion though?

I'm not sure what to do. This is an old gas bill from 2011. Moved out never had any contact with anyone until the pay for delete letter I sent. Should I wait for a response about their investigation? Are they asking for it to be deleted now, like it sounds to me?

-My 1st pay to delete response ever so I dont want to mess up, sorry.

TU: Paid in Full/Closed: 7. In Collection: 4. Medical: 2. School Loans: 3.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay to delete response?

@NeverAgain5 wrote:

Dear (me),

Until verification or the result of our investigation is completed and sent to you, we are requesting a deletion from the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs). Our control of reports is limited to reports our office initiates. Regardless of the CRA status, our client is the owner of this account(s). Weekly updates are scheduled to be sent to the CRAs electronically.

A $30.00 fee will be charged for returned checks and drafts where allowable by state.

Minimum office hours: Weekdays 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (except office observed holidays).

The above is a letter I received from a credit agency I sent a pay to delete letter to.

Im not sure exactly what it means because if you dont read it, it looks like a bill. Its got the company I owe, acct. number and amount owed at the top. And the bottom is the detach and return with your payment part. (you know, my address, their address, acct info. and amt. due)

I'm not sure what to do. This is an old gas bill from 2011. Moved out never had any contact with anyone until the pay for delete letter I sent. Should I wait for a response about their investigation? Are they asking for it to be deleted now, like it sounds to me?

They may no longer be able to actually collect on the debt their authority might have been canceled, in any event once you confirm its deletion I would be calling the OC to settle the bill in full before they send it off to another CA.

Message 2 of 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@NeverAgain5 wrote:

Dear (me),

They may no longer be able to actually collect on the debt their authority might have been canceled, in any event once you confirm its deletion I would be calling the OC to settle the bill in full before they send it off to another CA.

This. No debt collecter is ever going to send a letter that says "Our bad, we messed up" so you get this instead. I got a few carefully worded letters informing me of a deletion. Sounds like it's coming off, but as gdale said, once it is take measures to ensure that it stays that way.

Message 3 of 4
NeverAgain5

Thank you both for responding! I'll be watching for its deletion and will call the gas company as soon as it does!

TU: Paid in Full/Closed: 7. In Collection: 4. Medical: 2. School Loans: 3.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.