Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Directv

tag
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Paying Directv

Hello,
I had a past due balance of $200 with Directv that I want to pay today. I confirmed they still have access to the debt this AM (when trying to get new service). I want to pay it. My question is how can I get RPM removed from my CR? Whenever I mention payment in exchange for the CA deletion - the reps act like they don't understand. Am I missing something? 😶

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Paying Directv

The fron line reps for most cable services (this includes direct tv) have no access to their collection department, and the collection agency. You would need to contact their executive headquarters, and that requires their time zone during the week.

Your success depends on good willing the executive team, and on how old the account is on your report. If it's new, very good chance. If old, not so much.

It also depends if this is on all three reports. If not, easier to dispute off TU. You can also call RPM, and see what they have to say. See if they do PFD.

IF YOU WANT IT Off YOUR REPORT, THEN YOU CAN't do it today..

If you want service, then pay it, and work on deletion later. But PFD (if you don't mention you are desperate), is much better done with the collection agency, pay for their fees, some provide an online letter immediately after payment that you can use to get service, etc.

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying Directv

@newmom24 wrote:
Hello,
I had a past due balance of $200 with Directv that I want to pay today. I confirmed they still have access to the debt this AM (when trying to get new service). I want to pay it. My question is how can I get RPM removed from my CR? Whenever I mention payment in exchange for the CA deletion - the reps act like they don't understand. Am I missing something? 😶

You dont ask them for CA deletion only the CA can delete their TL.Using this method you ask them to RECALL the CA in exchange for payment and as Imperfect says call during the week it will probably require higher ups to approve. If they wont recall it then do the PFD with the CA Here is the PFD thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.