Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Down Debt ... Repo Question

tag
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Paying Down Debt ... Repo Question

Hello,I have a Repo on my file dating back to May 2009. It is set to fall off EX Oct 2016 and TU Apr 2016. The balance is $7331 outstanding (vehicle sold at auction). Should I send any type of PFD letter to get this off my file? It has updated every month since 7/09 as Repo. I don't want to wake a sleeping giant. I haven't had any correspondence from the lender in over 4 years. The account was in Fl, so I'm outside the SOL dates.

Thanks for reading.

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying Down Debt ... Repo Question

If it's outside of SOL and updates monthly then the giant is doing all it can already! A PFD proposition won't do anymore damage Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 5
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Hi,  I strongly suggest googling Whychat Repo letter, and follow his directions to the letter.  I followed the letter process and  2010 repo has been deleted and my score bounced from 605 to 727 Best of luck!

Message 3 of 5
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Good point cartwrna!

Daddiggingout, how long was the process for you? If I offer to PFD what would be reasonable? I was thinking $1500?

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

@newmom24 wrote:
Good point cartwrna!

Daddiggingout, how long was the process for you? If I offer to PFD what would be reasonable? I was thinking $1500?

In my opinion, you should always start small, especially if the debt is outisde the SOL.  I don't think 20% is too outrageous for an offer but then again I am cheap and would probably only offer 10-15% max.  Remember, you have nothing to lose as they are already updating monthly which is all they can do if outside the SOL.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.