Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Judgments

tag
TFreshStart
Valued Member

Paying Judgments

Hello

Quick question. I just sent payment for my two judgments today. I understand if I do nothing it may take months for the satisfied status to be updated on my credit reports. I also know that I can send the credit bureaus copies of my satisfaction of judgment paperwork to help expedite the "satisfied" status. I optimally would like them removed, but in the event that doesn't happen a paid judgment looks better than an unpaid judgment.

My question is are judgments similar to collections that when the status changes it looks current on your report and drops your score?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Paying Judgments

@TFreshStart wrote:

Hello

Quick question. I just sent payment for my two judgments today. I understand if I do nothing it may take months for the satisfied status to be updated on my credit reports. I also know that I can send the credit bureaus copies of my satisfaction of judgment paperwork to help expedite the "satisfied" status. I optimally would like them removed, but in the event that doesn't happen a paid judgment looks better than an unpaid judgment.

My question is are judgments similar to collections that when the status changes it looks current on your report and drops your score?

No, not to my knowledge.

Make sure the satisfaction is recorded before sending it in.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.