Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying OC! Need agreement FIRST?

tag
marcuscat
Established Member

Paying OC! Need agreement FIRST?

Just talked with the OC of a 2009 medical bill that is now with a CA. She said the only way she could pull it back from the CA was if I didn’t live at the address the bill went to at the time; Oct, Nov, Dec 2009, and I sent proof. Well I was living at an apartment from June 2009 till June 2010 and have the lease.

Now What type of paperwork do I need from her BEFORE I send a cert check in the full amount?

Thanks

Mark

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Paying OC! Need agreement FIRST?

You can ask for a letter/email saying they will recall the debt. 

I would email them and say something like, because I did not live at the address the bill was mailed to, you will recall the debt from the CA for payment, is that correct?

That way, you are verifying and their response will be a printable media.

Message 2 of 4
marcuscat
Established Member

Thank You.

I spoke with a supervisor this afternoon and urged him to get me something in writing. He said no problem but he was going to contact the CO and discuss the delete. He said that because I didn't live at the address at the time it was a mistake! His words.

I am just wondering what to ask for before payment. He said they have a good relationship with the CO.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.