Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying OC

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Paying OC

I finally found out who NCO is reporting for on my CR. It's an old bank account that I thought was closed out with a zero blance from 2 years ago, Suntrust.  I havn't talked to the bank to see what it's for or anything yet. I was wondering though if it's possible to try and negotiate a lower payoff with the bank itself  or try with NCO.  I'm just thinking of the future if I ever want to open more then one bank account if it will be better to pay the bank if they'll let me and get removed from any list or anything that would prevent me from opening another account at a different bank or if I pay the CA for a less full payment settlement if it will do that also? Just an FYI I do already have an account with chase for 2 + years now.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying OC

I would contact the bank but also b4 u do that request your report from ChexSystems see if they have listed you. Then if u are listed contact bank ask outright for them to pull back account from CA and its probably a small monthly fee that u didnt get because u considered account closed.  Then PFD.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 11
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Just an update and another question. I found out I can pay the OC, and they will give me a letter and receipt showing paid in full. My question though, is for NCO can I show them my receipt and would they remove from CR or dispute? I've read on here that NCO is very easy to work with.

Message 3 of 11
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Bump... I should also note that I sent  DV to NCO before I knew what it was for last month and have not recieved anything back from them

Message 4 of 11
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@FLAJenn wrote:

Bump... I should also note that I sent  DV to NCO before I knew what it was for last month and have not recieved anything back from them

The CA is not required to answer your DV if it isnt timely

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 11
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

I had never gotten any sort of dunning from NCO at all, just an email from scorewatch saying it was added. I even waited about 10 days for it to get to me.

Message 6 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

If the OC did not charge it off and give the debt completely to NCO then by nmaking payment to OC Nco cant collect a debt that is not owed.  Id go through CRA as NCO did not answer DV

Message 7 of 11
sphinx313
Established Contributor

I had an account with Suntrust back in 2004 that charged off at around $300 and they racked it up to about $1100. The problem they had was, I wasn't 18 when I opened the account, and therefore wasn't able to be bound to the contract so they couldn't/didn't attempt to sue me. NCO picked up the debt and I disputed it and it fell off. I wish it was that easy all the time. 

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

You must ask politely the OC to pull the account from the CA most CAs will oblige as they do volume businesss with the OC.  Once that is done go through the CRA to have removed then PFD  and keep letter confirming PFD they can sometimes get cute.

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt is paid, there is no debt to validate.  Satisfaction of the debt terminated their collection on the debt, so a DV, even if timely and invoking a cease collection bar, would be redundant.  They will ignore it.  If they did choose to respond, a simply "We verify the debt as $0" would suffice.

Paying of the debt immediately terminated the collection, requiring the debt collector to promptly report $0 under collection.  There no longer is an active collection. They dont have to delete their reporting, and the OC can not "pull back" their reporting.

Choosing not to offer the debt collector a PFD, you are now left with good will requests for their deletion.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.