Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying OC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying OC

Its a paid debt to the original creditor. CA, cant collect on that, or instead of disputing send a debt validation letter to CA and include a copy of receipt.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection with Comcast.  I paid Comcast and they recalled the collection from the collection agency.  I would speak with AT&T to get them to recall the collection.  I had to stay on hold for many hours talking to different departments until finally found someone to get the collection department to recall it and remove it from my report.

At first they told me the collection agency would change the status to paid.  But I would have disputed that because I settled with Comcast not the collection agency so I never paid them anything and it wouldn't be accurate for the agency to report that I paid them on my report.

Message 12 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Its a paid debt to the original creditor. CA, cant collect on that, or instead of disputing send a debt validation letter to CA and include a copy of receipt.

This is a method(s) that cannot be advocated on this board, please refrain from posting it in the futiure.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sigh
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.