Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a $8 medical bill that went to collections

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying a $8 medical bill that went to collections

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a medical of 50$ from a time that I went to a lab with insurance and somehow, the ca that took it put it on my report as a 275$ bill. The thing is that I discovered it when I started rebuilding recently and this is something from back in 2010 and it will fall by next year and I don't have that insurance that I used to have back then and don't even recall the insurance information I had back then. I want to pay for delete but from 50$ as it states on the CRA to 275 where it is now. I don't know how to proceed.I tried to dispute it and they just put a remark saying customer disputed and resolved. I wish I knew how to deal with this one.

If its updating monthly try the PFD and if its past states SOL give a reduced offer. A collector and or OC does have the right to charge interest and late fees according to the original contract or set by state law. Once it cant be reported anymore then its a Zombie Debt and you could offer even less to settle it. I will give you the normal steps to go thru to handle a med collection

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying a $8 medical bill that went to collections

thanks for that response. I appreciate it.  I will follow the steps.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.