Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a debt over the phonewith a cc/dc

tag
newstart2010
Blogger

Paying a debt over the phonewith a cc/dc

so it looks like we are getting 5k back in taxes.  my first thought was to use some of it for paying off the PFD contracts we get back.  But in my letters I state it will be paid using a certified check. 

If I put that money into secured card limits, and then paid those debts over the phone with the secured cards, then paid off the cards the next month...would that be bad?  Do you think they would care?

I also like this idea because the payment is recorded with a third party in the form of the charge.  I can use that as proof of payment later, rather than a copy of a certified check from the bank.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying a debt over the phonewith a cc/dc

I would still go with a certified check.  If you needed to show proof of payment at a later date, the copy you can get from the bank is a lot better taking into court than a credit card statement. 

Personnaly, I don't like to give a CA any information about my bank account OR my other credit accounts, just in case they decide to try to take more than agreed. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.