Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying account that's aged off?

tag
KittySurgRN
Established Member

Paying account that's aged off?

I have a couple of accounts that have aged off my report within the last 2 months and I am wanting to pay them off.  Would it be worth it for me to send a PFD for a lesser amount?  If so, would 50% be a good starting point?  Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Old_Man
Established Member

Re: Paying account that's aged off?

@KittySurgRN wrote:

I have a couple of accounts that have aged off my report within the last 2 months and I am wanting to pay them off.  Would it be worth it for me to send a PFD for a lesser amount?  If so, would 50% be a good starting point?  Thanks for your help!

Check the SOL in your state, if the debt is past the SOL, and is aged off your credit report, I would start with 10%.  A PFD would do you no good as they are past the reporting limits. (7.5 years)

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying account that's aged off?

@KittySurgRN wrote:

As stated check your states SOL and if its past that statute as well then offer 10% to settle, this is a Zombie debt if it has aged off your CRs and is past states SOL.. This would be a straight offer of settlement letter and not a PFD as its already aged off...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.