cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying as agreed with OC, now collection notice???

tag
andemalia
Contributor

Paying as agreed with OC, now collection notice???

Okay guys,

I have been trying to clean up my report for bout year and my credit score has gone up 90 points from when I started. My last delinquency is a PIF collection from December 2012.

I moved out of a townhouse 2 months ago and set up a payment plan with the utility company for $150/month on a $900 balance. I have been paying as agreed and always call this particular lady at the credit department of the utlity company. 

Now, I just received a collection notice for the balance (the updated balance $723) by an outside collection agency.

I am soooooo angry, my second payment is due on the 11th on this month (next week).

Why are they sending this to collection when I have a payment plan with them that I am sofar fulfilling?????????

I just so angry!!! And it's saturday so I can't call until Monday? What do I say other than call the lady and ask her why I am being sent to collections?

I am thinking of getting her to send me a payment agreement letter first (I never got any) and then once she tells me its sent, hang up and call back to address this issue.

What are your suggestions?

I do not want to deal with the collection agency!!! 

How can I protect myself from them putting it on my credit??

01/15 EQ 663 TU 669 EX 674 09/14 EQ 653 TU 635 EX 651
10/13 EQ 579 TU 580 EX 598
BoA 1.5k I Cap1Sec 0.6k I Cap1 QS 6k I Synchrony 1k I Barclays 1k
- Goals - Refi car loan 24% to 15% 12/13
Buy a home spring 2015: in progress; Pay off car loan spring 2016 balance $6200
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paying as agreed with OC, now collection notice???

Technically, if delinquent, they are not prcluded from referral for collection.

However, implied in an agreed repayment plan is that they are satisfied with the arrangment, making a referral for outsode collection assistance a very poor business practicel

I would first speak with them.

If they refuse to terminate the collection, then I would write a letter to your local BBB.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.