Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying charge off with Cavalry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying charge off with Cavalry

I'm finally ready to pay this charge off with Cavalry for $1379. I want to settle with them and asked if they could just notate a "paid" status on my credit reports, but they said they don't have the option to do so and that their only options are paid in full or paid less than full. 

What should I do cause I feel they're not budging.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paying charge off with Cavalry

If they insist on reporting as stated, you really have no choice other than to pay in full.

They have the right to report settled if they accept less than the full debt.

Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You might try the PFD letter if you have not already done so.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you 100% sure its your debt? Have they taken you to court? I have dealt with them in court and it  turns out they didnt even have the right to collect on the debt. I wouldnt give them a nickel but thats me. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you 100% sure its your debt? Have they taken you to court? I have dealt with them in court and it  turns out they didnt even have the right to collect on the debt. I wouldnt give them a nickel but thats me. 

Yeah, it's mine. I've disputed it numerous times with debt validation but the debt is still so recent that it always accurately gets verified. 

Maybe, this info will help tho. Synchrony sold it to Monarch originally, then they sold it to Cavalry, but Financial Recovery Services collects on their behalf. Are they allowed to do this?

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, it's mine. I've disputed it numerous times with debt validation but the debt is still so recent that it always accurately gets verified. 

Maybe, this info will help tho. Synchrony sold it to Monarch originally, then they sold it to Cavalry, but Financial Recovery Services collects on their behalf. Are they allowed to do this?

Yep, a JDB/CA can engage another CA to collect on their behalf as long as they are the actual owners of the account.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, a JDB/CA can engage another CA to collect on their behalf as long as they are the actual owners of the account.

Cool. Thanks! :-)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.