cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying creditor for deletion?

tag
rjp4419

Paying creditor for deletion?

I just called a local creditor (Credit Management Co) and the told me they do not do PIF for deletion but if I made 2 payments for the total it would automatically be deleted. The lady and manager I talked to both said they have nothing they can email or mail to me but said "this conversation is recorded, use that" What should I do? Should I pay it? SOL in PA is 4 years and that's up in a week. They said they would settle for less but it would be on my report as a PIF and the negative would remain. Anybody have advice for me?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paying creditor for deletion?

Kinda contradictory.....

They have stated that they wont delete, but will report the settlement as a paid in full, which is good.

That means they wont report the additional special comment of paid for less, thus informing others that you did not pay the entire obligated debt, so a review of your CR will look the same as if paid in full.

Their comment that, upon making the final paymenet, it will "automaticially be deleted" is confusing, in that paymennt of a debt does not result in any automatic deletion of any prior credit reporting of adverse items.  I dont know what they mean by "automatic."  If they mean their system will automatically report a deletion to the CRA, that seems totally contradictory to the statement that they dont PFD, and will report paid with no statement of paid for less.

Doubletalk.....

Message 2 of 7
rjp4419

Thats what I couldnt understand and wasnt sure if i should pay them. She litterally said if I paid in full it wouldnt get deleted, it would just update as PIF. But if i made 2 payments for the full amount it would be deleted once 2nd payment is made? Think I should just pay it and see what happens?

Message 3 of 7
Deepauk
Established Member

Get that in writing since you are almost shy of a week to be past SOL.. Otherwise, your SOL can reset..

Message 4 of 7
rjp4419

Well if I am paying in full sol wouldnt matter, but I tried getting something in writting but they said " we have nothing we can send you, this call is recored so you can use that" I am kinda stumped on what to do..

Message 5 of 7
rjp4419

anybody else have anything before I call them back?

Message 6 of 7
Krizno

I au call them back and accept but record the coversation yourself and inform them. That way you can actually use a recorded coversation that isn't "lost"
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.