Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off Collections PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying off Collections PFD?

So I just got a 1500$ CLI with my credit union. My scores sit 590ish across the board and have been gaining bit by bit. So my question or advice I'm seeking is. I have 3 collection accounts that total 940$.

I was wondering should I use my 1500$ increase and pay those collections off and ask for a PFD? Over the phone? I know it UTIL will take a hit but is it worth it? I'm determined.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off Collections PFD?

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just got a 1500$ CLI with my credit union. My scores sit 590ish across the board and have been gaining bit by bit. So my question or advice I'm seeking is. I have 3 collection accounts that total 940$.

I was wondering should I use my 1500$ increase and pay those collections off and ask for a PFD? Over the phone? I know it UTIL will take a hit but is it worth it? I'm determined.

If those collection accounts are updating monthly, then if you can take care of them, it will help you in the long run. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off Collections PFD?

Thanks. Yeah they are. I'm getting on it right. Now
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.