cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off collection account.

Re: Paying off collection account.

I offered to pay #2 to not report...and then #2 started listing me with a dispute comment on #2.  No movement on #1 for 2 years.

Moderator Emeritus

DaveyTech wrote:

I offered to pay #2 to not report...and then #2 started listing me with a dispute comment on #2.  No movement on #1 for 2 years.

I'm confused. Did you mean "...and then #1 started listing me with a dispute comment on #1"?

Is #2 reporting?

Yes sorry if I didnt make that clear.  In my update yesterday (post # 8) all of that pertains to #2.  #2 started listing me after I offered to pay #2 the full asking amount if they would not list me.  They are the ones reporting me with the "dispute" tag.  

Nothing is happening with #1 right now, they have had me listed for years, but nothing has changed with them.  Hope that clears it up.

Moderator Emeritus

Ah got it. Skimmed over it.

So, #2 and #1 are reporting. IMO, #1 should not report at all. If you DV'd both, just wait it out. #1 should disappear. #2 would likely verify and when they do, send a PFD via mail.

Highlighted

Yes I figure after a DV for #1 I could get that removed.

I just cant believe that #2 started reporting me after I offered to pay them in full.  Now I have a fresh collections accnt on my report.  Im also not too optimistic about a PFD if they didnt accept my first offer to "pay for not listing me".  

This may have just screwed me out of my mortgage.

Moderator Emeritus

MCM was probably going to report no matter what. Still worth going through the process though. If approaching a mortgage, then I wouldn't wait for the DV results and I would launch into PFDs. I'd also search around for GW success. I don't recall too many posts with MCM at $0. Maybe they are open to deleting.

Yea I think I will go right for a PFD and see if they bite, or else just pay it off and GW them.  Thanks for your help.