Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off collections

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

Paying off collections

Ok, I checked my experion report, I have 7 unpaid medical, one apartment collection for 1200, and a couple other small collections like a gym membership and AT&T bill. All the accounts comes to a little over 10K

I have the money to pay them off of course I will PFD first. Lets say they wont do a PFD but I paid anyways and they show up as paid.  I do have a fingethut thats 90 days past and plan on paying that off on Tuesday.

I also have a BK but it's within months of falling off and didnt show up on any of my CR so i am thinking it fell off of course i used credit karma to check transunion and exuifax.

Once all my bad collections are paid i have no other baddies on my report and about 7 paid personal and auto loans from 07 and 09 from a credit union. 

I have 19 hard inqu but 10 of them fall of towards the end of Sept 2017.

Should I get a couple secured cards after i pay the collections off and wait for them to either show paid or hopfully they get deleated?  Right now my CS is mid 400's.  I am hoping that I can PFD on at least the 7 medicals since they are all with the same company and come to about 9K. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying off collections

Here are the steps you should go thru on those medical collections.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.