cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off creditors, Pay for deletion or just pay them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying off creditors, Pay for deletion or just pay them?

What have you done to clean up your credit? What worked and what didn't work for you?

I have 4 negatives on my credit all of which I know must be paid but how do I approach the creditors? Just pay up and wait for them to fall off?

Or send them a pay for deletion letter? What guarantee's the creditor will stick to their word and remove the information from my report? Will they actually sign the letter and send it back to me because I know reading on here that's completely against the law so how does one ensure this will work?

Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off creditors, Pay for deletion or just pay them?

New to this myself.  Are th accounts sold to CA or still in the hand of the OC?  If they are with the CA, then it depends which CA has it.  You can search the name of the CA here to find out if they have offered PFD to other members or not.  I would recommend the PFD first because that's the best way to have it removed from the CR.  If it does not work, then look into paying them, but I highly recommend paying them off the full amoung the later down the line, try the GW method.  I'm currently dealing with one collection in my report and it's with PRA.  So far they will not agree to PFD.  It is scheduled to fall off at the end of next year so I'm planning to pay them off in full, try GW method.  Possibly by middle of next year, I'll ask for early exclusion with the CRA.  For your situation, if you want other experienced members to chime in, I think you need to provide more info such as names of the CA, how much, and when is it due to fall off. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.