Established Member
dzemboc77

Paying off old Debt HELP!!!

Hey guys,+

I've been rebuilding my credit for over a year now with some decent sucess. My scores are almost all 600+ now when I started they were in the low 500's MyFico score was 638 last month. In the next few months I will be getting a decent sum of money enough for a down payment on a house. My goal is to beable to buy a house end of this year early next. That being said I have 2 debts that are from 2008 showing on my credit. I know it effects me because my latest credit card from my credit union I had to pull teeth to get because they both show up as Aug 2012 now as the debt was resold. One is for Citi Fini for around $4800, in octover they wanted to settle for $1000 but I lost my job and couldn't. After I sent them a Cease and Disist letter they sent me an offer for $1100.  The Letter states "Once payment is processed and applied to the account, the account will be considered Settled in Full. You will be released from any further financial liability" .   Now before I can buy a house I know these 2 accounts need to be taken care of. Do I need anything else in the letter like Debt wont be resold ect....  ? Also if I don't pay in full can they come after me for the rest later ?

Thanks for you help guys.

guiness56

Re: Paying off old Debt HELP!!!

Is the from the OC?  You can't send an OC a C and D letter.

It states you will be released from any further financial liabilty so that means they won't sell it.  I wouldn't put that in the letter anyway.

No, they can't if they are saying you will be released from any further financial liability.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+