cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off old charge off..what should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off old charge off..what should I do?

I think my best bet right now is to pay them off that 50% in full? and have them send me a "settled" in writing ?

Message 11 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think my best bet right now is to pay them off that 50% in full? and have them send me a "settled" in writing ?

Get it in writing first, before you pay. Don't give them your bank account info when paying them. Find an alternate means of payment.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big thanks to you.

My last question would be..will this help my score/? or this mean nothing but just paying off my old debt? and if this is paid in settled, and the account are closed this wont be my "oldest" account no more correct?

Message 13 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Big thanks to you.

My last question would be..will this help my score/? or this mean nothing but just paying off my old debt? and if this is paid in settled, and the account are closed this wont be my "oldest" account no more correct?

Not in the short term, but it won't bite you down the road. Paid always looks better than unpaid when faced with an underwriter making decisions about your credit.

The account will stay until 2019, give or take.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...I was thinking the same, paid is better then unpaid. plus Ill try to send them GW letter to wells fargo to see if they can remove it from my CRA>

Thanks for your help I appreciated.

Message 15 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Yep. Any other questions, or problems in the future, just start another question thread. Someone will see it, and reply.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.