cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying on time- expected Credit score increases?

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Paying on time- expected Credit score increases?

@Duncanrr wrote:
Is the two year point evaluated on an account my account basis or is it for my entire credit report profile? I have three late accounts. One of the will be two years no late in November and the other 2 years late in January. Should I get a bump at that point?

It is entirely possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath for something significant.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 11 of 16
golo
Frequent Contributor

It's mess up,you can never win with this people....ugh

Message 12 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Is the two year point evaluated on an account my account basis or is it for my entire credit report profile? I have three late accounts. One of the will be two years no late in November and the other 2 years late in January. Should I get a bump at that point?

FICO scores work off snapshots. The score will be dictated on what is in your report. So if you have negative payment history over the last two years, then yes, it will factor that fairly heavily...

I would surmise you will get a small bump in Nov, and another slightly larger bump in Jan ----YMMV however

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 13 of 16
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

I am in the same boat as you.  I've got lates on my CR from 2011 and before, and all I can do is wait for them to age off.  I'm also looking to add another CC or two to help my credit mix, and to get some additional TLs reporting positively; it might not help much in the short term, but I'm hoping it will benefit me long-term.

Message 14 of 16
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

June-December 2010 I was reported as late on 2 student loans (same company/bill) I have 7 consecutive lates on both accounts total for the past two years (it was in forebearance)

So starting this month and for the next seven months going forward myfico score simulator has my score jumping a minimum 30pts, not for paying on-time, but because those lates are hitting the over 2 year mark. each month one falls beyond that and causes my score to increase. Still trying to GW them though.

Try using the simulator. I use the lowest provided number they simulate, just so I dont expect a lot.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 15 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@LionLaw wrote:

I am in the same boat as you.  I've got lates on my CR from 2011 and before, and all I can do is wait for them to age off.  I'm also looking to add another CC or two to help my credit mix, and to get some additional TLs reporting positively; it might not help much in the short term, but I'm hoping it will benefit me long-term.

Im still waiting on some things to be removed from EQ and TU.  I also have my second CC to start reporting (Cap1).  When these things clear, I hope to be around 670.  I plan on adding two cards in my mix in the next 2-3 months and then I will just garden.  If I'm lucky and get a GW to be successful then maybe I'll break 700 this year....no telling as the ones I have left to GW are some of the most difficult ones out there (Verizon, Sallie Mae and Cap1). 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.