cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying tax lien from out of state (WV lien, live in FL)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying tax lien from out of state (WV lien, live in FL)

Hey, wondering if anyone here can give me some quick advice on paying a tax lien I have.  I've started another thread, but was hoping someone can search this later on and the advice herein would help them.

I have a lien for $100 from the state of West Virginia, and I currently live in Florida.  No way am I driving all the way there to talk to someone, and email/calls have gotten nowhere.  I see an address for the county clerk office of Kanawha County, so I can physically mail them.  Any advice? I'm very leery of sending a $100 Money Order point blank with no idea who the recipient will be.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying tax lien from out of state (WV lien, live in FL)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, wondering if anyone here can give me some quick advice on paying a tax lien I have.  I've started another thread, but was hoping someone can search this later on and the advice herein would help them.

I have a lien for $100 from the state of West Virginia, and I currently live in Florida.  No way am I driving all the way there to talk to someone, and email/calls have gotten nowhere.  I see an address for the county clerk office of Kanawha County, so I can physically mail them.  Any advice? I'm very leery of sending a $100 Money Order point blank with no idea who the recipient will be.

You are going to have to find an address to send it to, I would suggest a search of the states online website if its a tax lien.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like my email did find its way to someone in the know:

"Mr. McCloud, you current balance is $ 169.24  once that is received I can release the lien.  You can send the payment in to address listed below or go to the website www.wvtax.gov and then to  e-Filings, then click on Credit Card Payments, once there ,  the Identification Type is either your social security number or Tax Account ID  which is xxxx-xxxx, the Tax Type will Personal Income, Filing Period will be 12/31/2008 and it will be a billing payment.

I hope this information is helpful"

Sent in the payment online and then received a follow up email:

"I will have the payment after 9 am on Monday and I will do a lien release for you them and email you a copy"

Hopefully that takes care of that! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like my email did find its way to someone in the know:

"Mr. McCloud, you current balance is $ 169.24  once that is received I can release the lien.  You can send the payment in to address listed below or go to the website www.wvtax.gov and then to  e-Filings, then click on Credit Card Payments, once there ,  the Identification Type is either your social security number or Tax Account ID  which is xxxx-xxxx, the Tax Type will Personal Income, Filing Period will be 12/31/2008 and it will be a billing payment.

I hope this information is helpful"

Sent in the payment online and then received a follow up email:

"I will have the payment after 9 am on Monday and I will do a lien release for you them and email you a copy"

Hopefully that takes care of that! Smiley Happy

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.