cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payliance Check Collecting Company

tag
1dayatatime

Payliance Check Collecting Company

So I recently found out I had some bad checks on my credit  being reported by a company called Payliance ..FROM 6 YEARS AGO.. HAD NO CLUE I even had bad checks out there because the bank account they were drawn off of was closed due to some other fradulant activity. Anyhow, after I found out about the checks I went to the local courts to find out about picking them up and come to find out ANOTHER collection company actually had my physical checks for me to pick up. So I payed for them and collected them with the company on file thru the courts and printed a copy of my credit report to call the company that was reporting the checks, Payliance, Told them I had picked the checks up that they were paid for and I would fax them copies of all my receipts and they needed to delete themselves OFF my credit report since they never collected on the particular debt NOR was the debt a valid debt they were reporting any longer. How about I had to fax the stuff twice, because they kept giving me the run around about they couldnt delete anything that "merchant services" has to delete things off credit reports ect ect. FINALLY after a MONTH of them having copies of all my receipts showing I had PAID thru the courts, I had to threaten their company with a lawsuit, and they tell me they got the "ok from merchant services" to delete the accts off my report. GOOD LUCK IF YOU EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH A CHECK COLLECTING COMPANY CALLED PAYLIANCE CAUSE THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT LAWS!

Starting Score: 566(April2013)
Current Score: 662(July4,2013)
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Payliance Check Collecting Company

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Thanks for sharing your story.

But to be on the safe side, keep copies of those paid debts because you never know if it will happen again.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
LLMT
Regular Contributor

They are definitely shady. I actually had good luck with them deleting quickly and easily, but they charged me a "$10 "deletion fee". Also,they pushed me to pay for "other checks" not appearing on my credit report. The CSR told me that they would send me paperwork validating these checks on June 12th and I still haven't received anything although they have called me twice asking me to pay them (in exchange for not reporting them). He finally gave me information over the phone and they were both written by my DH (from our joint account). I don't think they were going to tell me and they were then going to post the paid collections on his report.

Message 3 of 5
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I just sent this same company a DV letter this morning.  I also emailed the president of the company.  They are reporting on my EX report for a check that I never wrote. It's only $49, but it doesn't belong on my report.

Message 4 of 5
1dayatatime

good luck with that letter doing you any good I wrote a DV letter the president of the company several times and it does no good. I found out about the chks in March, sent them a DV... NO reply.. But in April found out about the second company that actually had the chks in their possession, the company who had gone to the magistrate ab them. Paid them in May and faxed payliance copies of where the debt had been paid thru the other collection company.and magistrate. STILL took them till July 2nd to agree to get it off my credit even though they were at that point illegally reporting. I heard from another collection company that Payliance is the same company that was formally known as Tiger Trans.

Starting Score: 566(April2013)
Current Score: 662(July4,2013)
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.