Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Arrangements with a CA?

tag
MsTime4Change
Established Member

Payment Arrangements with a CA?

Is it a good idea to make monthly payment arranagements with a CA? I have a Citicard that is currently being handled with United Recovery Systems. I owe $6150.10. They are willing to settle for $2087 but I dont have that much to pay right now. Citi is currently reporting 180 days past due. United Recovery Systems is not yet reporting.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Payment Arrangements with a CA?

Message 2 of 7
MsTime4Change
Established Member

DoFD 7/2011

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you tried contacting the OC to see if they will work with you on payment arrangements?  I'm guessing it is assigned to the CA and not sold.

You can do them with the CA if you have to but I would not give them my debit card information or send them a check.  I would only do a money order.

Message 4 of 7
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, Citi doesn't easily outright sell debt - only place for collection. Normally recall with positive action from the consumer. Have you tried contacting Citi?

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The only time you want to resort to paying anything in installments is if there is an elevated risk or imminent risk of being sued, whereby installments are the last ditch effort aside from doing nothing. Danger with payments is that if one payment is missed, the settlement can be voided and SOL could be reset with each payment (in some states).

Message 6 of 7
MsTime4Change
Established Member

Thanks Everyone! I have attempted to contact Citi directly at several different telephone numbers and the reps all lead me back to the CA. They tell me that they are no longer servicing the account and that if there is a reason I don't wish to deal with them I will have to put it in writing for them to review. I honestly don't want to do installments with this CA but by doing so it would freeze the interest that is still accumulating at 29.99%. The CA hasn't reported anything yet to the bureaus and I hope they never do. I just sent them a DV to try and put a stop to collection activity and allow me time to save up so I can try and settle with them in the next couple months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.