New Contributor
soxcited

Payment Method

I reached an agreement with the OC for a PFD. They want me to pay the CA assigned to the account with certified funds but CA has a link for online payments with a CC or check.  I am leaning towards the online payment as I think the account would get updated as paid faster. Is online payment OK and should i send money order instead? Thanks in advance. 

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Payment Method

I am curious of the terms of your PFD agreement.  It appears that it was with the OC, and not the CA.

No matter whether you pay the debt to the OC or CA, or how it is paid, the OC cant commit to deletion of the CA reporting.  It was not their reporting.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: Payment Method

soxcited wrote:

I reached an agreement with the OC for a PFD. They want me to pay the CA assigned to the account with certified funds but CA has a link for online payments with a CC or check.  I am leaning towards the online payment as I think the account would get updated as paid faster. Is online payment OK and should i send money order instead? Thanks in advance. 

My concern would be the possiblity of them having access to your account information if you paid online. I just don't know if that's a valid worry or not. I would pay with certified funds just to be safe.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}