Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment and removal of a judgement.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment and removal of a judgement.

Has anyone paid and had a judgment removed via good will letter and did it affect your credit? If so how much? I have paid my judgement and sent a good will letter today. I was just wondering if the tsp removed, do you get the points back that were lost? I know paying it doesn't have much of an effect 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Payment and removal of a judgement.

Judgments are public record information.

There is no furnisher to which a good-will request can be made.

For similar reasons, public record information is also excluded from the direct dispute process, as there is no furnisher to which a direct dispute can be sent.

Message 2 of 10
superdad
Regular Contributor

You can direct dispute judgements, I had 3 on my file, direct disputed with transunion over a week time and all 3 were removed.

Message 3 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone paid and had a judgment removed via good will letter and did it affect your credit? If so how much? I have paid my judgement and sent a good will letter today. I was just wondering if the tsp removed, do you get the points back that were lost? I know paying it doesn't have much of an effect 

Did you get a Satisfaction of Judgement recorded when you paid this judgement?  If so, terrific. If not, make sure you get one from the judgement holder.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best bet would be once the judgement is satisfied, contact the owner of the Judgement and ask if they would object if you filed a motion to vacate. (Subject to the laws of your State)

Most likely they won't care. They recieved their money. In Massachusetts, it quite easy to do.
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can dispute any information via a CRA.  FCRA 611(a).

You cannot file a direct dispute of public record information.  See the implementing regs at 16 CFR 660.4.

The prior post stating that they filed a "direct" dispute indicated that it was filed with the CRA, not a furnisher.

That is not a "direct dispute" as defined under FCRA 623(a)(8), as it was filed with a CRA.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all for your help. I am going to send the Good will letter to the Judgement holder will copies of both satisfaction letters (court and holder) and see what happens. The judgement was paid pretty quick so hopefully they vacate it.
Message 7 of 10
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I have an old judgement that was paid, disputed it with TU and it fell off. Wasn't on EX...EQ wants me to prove who I am before giving me a report, so, yes, it has/can be done !
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 8 of 10
pmarti8
Valued Member

I had three judgements (rent slow pays not evictions) on my credit reports, since no money was actually owing and since the courts do not do debt validation with the bureaus, with some patience and diligence you can get them removed. I would definitely get documentation from the court that the judgement has been satisfied just for future protection.

Starting Score: 07/2010 TU 541 EQ 593 Exp 529
Current Score:TU 654 EQ 644 EX 594 br>Goal Score:ALL 660 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after paying the Judgement in July and after sending the good will letter.... the judgment was Vacated! I sent a copy of the vacate letter the the credit bureaus and they removed the judgement but nothing happened to my credit. I lost over 100 points when it reported and gain 0 back when it was removed. Does anyone know why? 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.