Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment history and charge off amount blank

tag
Shokk
Established Contributor

Payment history and charge off amount blank

EQ finished my disputes.  I have 2 charge offs that came back as verified, but the payment history and charge off amount were removed. Does this typically mean they no longer have the info? 

Also, I updated my report today and noticed a charge off account that had been verified/updated is now missing from my report.  I use EQ Credit Watch.  No alert that anything new happened other than the new disputes I opened to have dispute remarks removed.  Just poof, it was gone.  Gonna update again tomorrow to see if it comes back.  Could the CRA have goofed and deleted by mistake?  Score dropped 14 points, but I assumed that was from the new disputes.  A charge off being removed should have shown an increase.   Nevermind.  Its there, just no longer shows under negative accounts.  Still curious about the first part.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Payment history and charge off amount blank

To expand on this, wouldn't the charge off part still be a negative?  It could just be the way EQ is reporting.  I would think it would stay under negative accounts, but I'm guessing this has nothing to do with scoring.

I have an older positive trade line that's closed.  Never late and pair, but closed CC.  Its not reporting a payment history.  I'm assuming this has some sort of a negative affect?

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes the CO would still be a negative and should show up under negative accounts.  However, if it is a negative FICO will score it as such.  Did you regain your points?

A postive TL not showing the payment history could have a negative impact.

Message 3 of 9
Shokk
Established Contributor

Haven't regained the points yet.  New dispute as of Friday to remove the dispute remarks.  This one shouldn't take very long.

No clue why it moved from under negative accounts.  Two of them did this.  I did notive everything under negative accounts had late payments.  Like the repo from my ex shows pays as agreed and no late payments, just an R for repo.  Its not under negative accounts either.

On the 2 that removed payment history and charge off amount, should I do a 623 letter on these?  How can they report a charge off if they have no payment history or charge off amount?  Same issue with the positive TL though.  Its older so I'm assuming they no longer have the data.  I'm going to call the OC tomorrow and see.  I don't want it removed completey though.  Both are probably hurting my score, but I want one to stay and the other 2 gone.  Yes, I'm trying to work the system. Smiley Wink

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 9
Shokk
Established Contributor

All the disputes are finished except the 2 to remove the dispute remarks.  That should be a simple process.  Those points should come back.  Trying to get them removed completely which is why I asked about the 623 letters.  I should mention both of these are old HSBC account purchased by Cap One.  I'm sure this is why they don't have all the data.  There were two other HSBC account that were deleted.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since you already disputed with the CRAs, unless you can provide substantial documentation proving your dispute, the OC can say it is frivolous.

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

What are the grounds for the dispute?  Do you have any documentation or proof for the dispute?  If not, like guiness said, it will be termed frivolous if you keep disputing.  Maybe try the GW route.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
Shokk
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

What are the grounds for the dispute?  Do you have any documentation or proof for the dispute?  If not, like guiness said, it will be termed frivolous if you keep disputing.  Maybe try the GW route.

Sorry for the late reply.

Initially disputed everything.  Trying to get a handle on what should and shouldn't be there.  Only ever had 1 Best Buy account, but 2 were showing.  Another account was paid under a debt consolidation, but I believe is showing as a charge off.  I re-enlisted a couple of years ago and basically cleaned out my apartment.  I must have gotten rid of paperwork I should have kept. My ex has some of it, but isn't being very cooperative in helping me out.  I'm hoping with the 623 letters I can get something from the OCs so I know exactly where I stand.  If they actually investigate and don't have the info, better for me if I can get it removed.  Once the dust settles, I'll try some PFDs, etc.  Also have a collection for a Citibank card I don't recall ever having, and no such chargeoff is on any of my reports.

So far I have one small collection removed via PFD and 3 charge offs removed simply by disputing with CRAs.

The way I understand it, they can only call it frivolous if its disputed for the same reason.  I've been pouring over all 3 reports.  Not all account numbers match, amounts are diffrent, etc.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.