Pd down from 91% to 42% UTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pd down from 91% to 42% UTI

@Anonymous wrote:

@rebuildingincb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious question - I'm looking to add 2 more credit cards on my credit...I noticed that your score is pretty close to mine (Although I probably have more collections accounts reporting "Paid Collection") But.. What card would you suggest to try and get? I already have 2 cap 1 Cards so I can't get another. 

I would be more careful than I was, as you can see, I took on way too many crap cards. Work those two you have until you can get a QS1 or something, then look to credit unions, like DCU, I think I had a 625EQ when they gave me an auto loan and that $3k CL card. My goal is to rid of Credit One, both First Premier, and the Verve card over the coming few months and get a better card and try to increase my 2 Cap1's....

Welp, I tried to Walmart and got denied... for the 3rd time. I swear they hate me. I have an application addiction that I need to seriously kick if I ever plan on getting a house...or a car.. or anything. Oye... 

Sadly - and not to be tough - but your scores aren't that high yet - you need to grow your CapOnes and not apply for anything until your scores are a little higher - that or go secured - or to a credit union.   Don't just app and hope - you don't want the INQs either.   At some point they WILL hurt you - its the whole reason I didn't get a Victoria Secret card - the only card that I've been denied since I started rebuilding. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@rebuildingincb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious question - I'm looking to add 2 more credit cards on my credit...I noticed that your score is pretty close to mine (Although I probably have more collections accounts reporting "Paid Collection") But.. What card would you suggest to try and get? I already have 2 cap 1 Cards so I can't get another. 

I would be more careful than I was, as you can see, I took on way too many crap cards. Work those two you have until you can get a QS1 or something, then look to credit unions, like DCU, I think I had a 625EQ when they gave me an auto loan and that $3k CL card. My goal is to rid of Credit One, both First Premier, and the Verve card over the coming few months and get a better card and try to increase my 2 Cap1's....

Welp, I tried to Walmart and got denied... for the 3rd time. I swear they hate me. I have an application addiction that I need to seriously kick if I ever plan on getting a house...or a car.. or anything. Oye... 

Sadly - and not to be tough - but your scores aren't that high yet - you need to grow your CapOnes and not apply for anything until your scores are a little higher - that or go secured - or to a credit union.   Don't just app and hope - you don't want the INQs either.   At some point they WILL hurt you - its the whole reason I didn't get a Victoria Secret card - the only card that I've been denied since I started rebuilding. 

I have a really bad just being like "what the heck" and trying .. Hell last year I did a Walmart APp at the store because I'd get a free case of Water!!! ... I'm learning... Slowly... 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@rebuildingincb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a really bad just being like "what the heck" and trying .. Hell last year I did a Walmart APp at the store because I'd get a free case of Water!!! ... I'm learning... Slowly... 

Make sure you are "opted in" - When my TU got up around 630 or so, I got a Walmart Card Preapproval offer in the mail.

Message 13 of 21
rebuildingincb
Contributor

**Update**

Called First Premier to ask for CLI or close accounts, they increased both cards and waived CLI fee on one. Hit the luv button on both Cap1 cards, got $100 increase on one, 7-10 days on other. Apped for QS1, denied. Called DCU for CLI, denied (late payment in agust, score too low). Now my cards look like this:

1st Premier: 0/425

1st Premier: 0/500

Cap1 Platinum: 212/400

Cap1 Secure: 0/500

DCU: 0/3000

Verve: 0/500

Credit1: 600/850

Helzberg 1680/2100

So, now I only have 3 cards with balances and a total UTI of 30%. The couple of inquiries will ding me, and I may pay off that Cap1 Platinum before it is due on the 28th, then by around the 10th next month everything should report and see where my score is.... 

Thanks again everyone!

Message 14 of 21
rebuildingincb
Contributor

**NEW UPDATE**

Since 12/11/15 where my score was 564, I have increased to 606! What a great way to bring in the new year with an alert last night my credit increased :-) So, in 3 weeks all I did was pay down my UTI I have a 42 point bump. Hoping when the rest of the payoffs hit I will get even more, plus the increased CL's and I should be in much better shape. 

Message 15 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@rebuildingincb wrote:

**NEW UPDATE**

Since 12/11/15 where my score was 564, I have increased to 606! What a great way to bring in the new year with an alert last night my credit increased :-) So, in 3 weeks all I did was pay down my UTI I have a 42 point bump. Hoping when the rest of the payoffs hit I will get even more, plus the increased CL's and I should be in much better shape. 

Sweet, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
rebuildingincb
Contributor

Thanks! Hoping to get a little more when my DCU reports paid down to zero.... we'll see. 

Message 17 of 21
rebuildingincb
Contributor

So, decided to take a chance and app for the Amazon Prime Store card, approved for $800! Then I got a wild hair and went fo rthe Chase Southwest Rewards Card, BOOM! Approved instantly for $2k! 

One mistake I made was I forgot to use the invitation number I got in the mail that would give me 52k points if I spend $2k in 3 mos (easy). 

Wondering if there is some other cards I should go for while I am on a roll.... denied for QS a couple weeks ago but score jumped pretty good since then.... Any suggestions? 

Message 18 of 21
rebuildingincb
Contributor

Ok, App spree over, approved for Barclay rewards (only $500, but I am in the door, thought about asking fo ran increase but figure I will just wait), apped for Discover IT and AmEx ED, denied for both, tried for a couple o fstore cards while I was on a roll, Sam's Club and Old Navy (shop both frequently), both gave me the "we'll be in touch". 

Back to the garden! Gonna wait untill my CLI's hit then I think I will start by closing both 1st Premier's after my vacation. My new MyFico report comes out in 2 days, so will update my siggy then. Thanks everyone!

Message 19 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

You can call Chase and let them know you forgot the Invite number and ask if they will honor the bonus.  They usually do.

Try paying in full every month.  Otherwise any rewards you accumulate are eaten up by paying all that interest.  Use your cards...  don't let them use you.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.