Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLOC approval open chapter 13!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed CLOC approval open chapter 13!

Applied for a checking and savings account with PenFed today. Approved for membership for both accounts. Said what the hell why not and applied for a CLOC and was turned down at first due to "Loans with PenFed not paid as agreed." I've never had a PenFed account before so I called back and they reviewed my file. Came back on and said it was a system error and that he's having it approved and that I'll see the changes in 2-3 days!!! Keep in mind I'm one year into my chapter 13!! I can't believe it lol
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLOC approval open chapter 13!

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for a checking and savings account with PenFed today. Approved for membership for both accounts. Said what the hell why not and applied for a CLOC and was turned down at first due to "Loans with PenFed not paid as agreed." I've never had a PenFed account before so I called back and they reviewed my file. Came back on and said it was a system error and that he's having it approved and that I'll see the changes in 2-3 days!!! Keep in mind I'm one year into my chapter 13!! I can't believe it lol

You're doing a wonderful job.  Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval was for 1000 which is all I asked for. Didn't want to push my luck lol
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

An approval is an approval whether it is $1000 or $15000.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval; congrats on your rebuilding so far
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Still more rebuilding to do but I'm fortunate to have a trustee that allows it!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. Did you have to be approved (by your Chapter 13 trustee) to apply? When I was in the payment period of my Chapter 13 I was not allowed to get any type of credit line without permission.

Edited after I read your last post. You are very fortunate.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did need trustee approval. Got a letter in the mail a few weeks after my 341 meeting and it said that anything under 5k I was good to go
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was one year ago. Since then I have added a secured USAA card, Fingerhut unsecured charge card, and a self lender credit rebuilding account. Gonna try to add a Armed Forces Bank secured card since it is a SP and probably another secured card. Then I'll Garden with those for a while
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is such a good thing. It was so hard after five years to get a card. That is all behind me now, but I won't ever forget. Good for you!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.