Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalized 2 years with one click

tag
climbinghigher
Valued Member

Penalized 2 years with one click

I received an offer from Bank Of America and trashed it. Later I thought I would accept it. I pulled up B O A site and clicked on a card. I was denied. I looked back and that card required excellent credit. Mine is about 715. Now I have a hard inquiry for 2 years! Go figure! Be careful what you click on!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JaseT
Established Contributor

Re: Penalized 2 years with one click

@climbinghigher wrote:

I received an offer from Bank Of America and trashed it. Later I thought I would accept it. I pulled up B O A site and clicked on a card. I was denied. I looked back and that card required excellent credit. Mine is about 715. Now I have a hard inquiry for 2 years! Go figure! Be careful what you click on!

Yes. It's always best to research the product you are interested in before applying!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@climbinghigher wrote:

Yes it will show for 2 years but only have a possible effect on your score for one year.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Dont loose your sleep for one inq. At one time I had more than 78 inq's on my EX and still managed to get credit lines with 4 figures in limits.

Message 4 of 5
climbinghigher
Valued Member

Thanks for the responses. I feel better already!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.