Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penn Credit Corp

tag
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Penn Credit Corp

My girlfriend randomly gets calls from Penn Credit Corp stating that she owes ConEd $366, but when I asked them to verify these charges they told me it would tak 90+ days to do so. Has anyone had any experience with this company or having a collection pay-for-delete?

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penn Credit Corp

I had a massive merry go round with them. They were collecting on an old utility bill I had. Agreed to a pay for delete in March of last year... Then didn't delete! When I called back they claimed they don't do PFD. luckily I had it recorded and one CSR noted the notation in my account. I actually had to file a BBB complaint and after about 5 disputes it was finally deleted this week. Make sure you get it in writing or recorded from this company because they will backtrack!
Message 2 of 5
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Thanks man! I'm going to reah out to them today asking for verification that the account is hers - I still think it is weird that they told me it would take 90 days minimum to verify the account and that I should just pay it now

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did they ever send dunning notice?

If not,, then you can send a timely DV, which will impose a cease collection bar on them, which will remain in effect until they choose to validate.

However, they have no period in which they must provide validation.  They can choose to cease furtther collection activities, and never respond.

A debt validation request will not impose any required period for their validation of the debt.

Does your girlfriend acknowledge the debt?

Message 4 of 5
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Okay, after calling around and go back and forth with ConED and Penn I was able to validate that the debt is hers. There was an issue 1 month with ConEd and they removed 3 times the bill amount from her account and when she called them about it 2 months later they refunded all the charges for the last 3 months. She wasn't aware that they refunded everything and since she had autopay- assumed everything was paid before she moved in with me. I called Penn asking for a pay-for-delete but the rep said that company policy does not allow it and that my only option is to pay it in full and then dispute it with the credit agency and "it will be deleted"

Any advice?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.