cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perhaps a silly question...

tag

Perhaps a silly question...

Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

My experian score was WAY lower than my other FICO scores. I decided to do what I could. I filed a dispute to get some old bad things off my report. So far, it's come back with one thing deleted (yay) and two are "updated."

Does "updated" ever raise a person's credit score? Maybe I'm just hoping too much, and it probably doesn't help. But maybe...

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Perhaps a silly question...

Really depends on what is being updated but yes it can happen.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Perhaps a silly question...

Well, one was an old collection and the other was a newer collection that I paid in full. I guess there's no way those being left on my credit report could possibly be good. One was discharged in bankruptcy the other I paid off. Maybe the fact that I paid one off will help...eh. I don't know. It sucks that I've only gotten one deletion and the other two that are still pending aren't looking good for getting deleted. I might end up with four updated's and only one deleted. I should try to stay positive and hope for deletions, though.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.