cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistance with HSBC/Orchard Bank pays off...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Persistance with HSBC/Orchard Bank pays off...

Had an account with HSBC..  Paid it in full had some late pays but did a PIF and not PFD so I was pretty much screwed as HSBC/Orchard Bank was NOT budging and everytime I sent a GW it was remarked by them as basically stating too bad our reporting was based on your credit history...  So I mailed a GW letter every week for the last eight weeks and FINALLY on May 20th I received a letter that the account was being purged from their files and that my credit file will be updated in regards to the deleted account within the next 60 days..  WHOOOT!

I've decided that my journey to credit repair and home ownership that getting my finances in order and obtaining the savings of a substantial downpayment far outweighed the first time owner's tax cutSure I'd love $8000 of free money in buying a home but if my current file doesn't qualify me for a good rate that $8K would be eaten up pretty quickly in fees and interest so my home buying dream will be put off for next year

Thanks to ALL at myFico for your help in clarifiying my credit file and putting me on the road to financial responsibility..  Last check my EQ and TU were heading to the 700's!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Persistance with HSBC/Orchard Bank pays off...

BRAVO 4 YOU!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Not only for the good work from those wha-cha-ma-callems (mine from them falls off in July!) but also seeing the bigger picture when it comes to the low int. rate vs $8k. 

Very smart move!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 11
sweetiebee143
Established Member

That's awesome!! Congrats to you! Can I get a copy of the letter you are using? I have the same card and I just want to request that they remove 1 late payment from my record.
TU 579 EQ 525 - 3/10/2009
TU 579 EQ 528 - 3/13/2009
Message 3 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It likely wasn't the letter, but the persistence!  But hey....what could it hurt?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi--can you PM me the info you used...I know there is 5 addresses, which one did you use?

what was the DOLA on the card, was it a CO?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

quite impressive. not giving up did pay off for you. for the last half of 08 i sent GWs to HSBC for a paid in full but with lates auto loan. They replied to al my GWs clearly stating they couldnt delete nothing. For a few months after that i gave up but this pas may i started back up by sending 10 letters to 10 different adresses including HSBC head quarters in London. Its been 20 days no single reply yet. I am encouraged by you experience and have decided to follow your example of sending GW letters every week. Thanks for sharing. HSBC here I come. June 4th is the first batch.

Message 6 of 11
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

To the OP, can you PLEASE PM me the address and perhaps a copy of the letter you used? I would SO appreciate it.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was mostly my persistance and tenacity to not take NO for an answer.  I sent the sob GW letter, the one explaining how I let the bill get out of hand but made good on it so they should in kind,  the latest was a story about how the number 21 is the one you strive for in blackjack, the age you look forward to drink, but not a good thing when it comes to my credit score (ie: this account was costing my file 21 pts as evidenced by a jump when it was disputed).  I think they were just sick of having to mail out letters at their expense (LOL)..  I sent it to the main headquarters as all the letters I sent seemed to be forwarded to them anyway.  Believe me I got at least a dozen of too bad we're not doing nothing letters prior to this one.   Course the funny thing is my Credit One Card REFUSES to removed two late payments from 07 that were a result of their webpay service being down..   Smiley Sad

The address for the letter I got was HSBC Card and Retail Services, P.O. Box 15521 Wilmington, DE 19850

Good Luck!!   I hope persistance pays off for you as well Smiley Happy

Message Edited by MURPHYSLAW on 06-04-2009 08:46 AM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of my first batch of GWs to 10 different HSBC addresses for a paid in full but with lates auto loan, I have received only one reply. This was from their London England Headqurters.  I am aware that they will not have my account in any of their overseas databases but decided to beg them for a GW all the same since they are the HSBC headquarters. I believe it never hurts to try.  Am sending a response to their reply asking for more account info. None of the other 9 US HSBC locations have responded. I sent my second batch of GWs on June 4 and the next a week after that. Have decided to send these GWs every week for the rest of my life or until  HSBC  either responds in my favor or send me an arrest warrant for harrasing them

Message 9 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

ixoxo......or until it dies & falls off your report! Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.