Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistance

tag
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

Persistance

So get yourself a drink and sit back, you or I might get winded but if anything it should give you hope that if you try, things can and will get better.  So I have been a part of the community for quite some time, 2009 to be exact.  Since then I have had piss poor credit, and still do, I mean at one time it was below 500.  I would frequent the boards and wonder how I could be a success story, but my patience would get the better of me and I would say screw it, I don't care, I make good money, I don't need credit.  I sat here last year wanting to buy a BMW and w/o $60k in cash to buy it out right, there was no way I could get someone to finance that for me.  Well I made it a point to try my CR's, and my first success came in mid December with Midland, I offered a full pay on deletion, they countered with a deletion no pay,

I thought too good to be true, and days later came the letter informing me of such action taken.  One of my resolutions for 2012, even if the world ends in December as Mayans believe, is 1) to have 5 entries deleted off my CR and 2) get my BMW.  I am here to say that I don't have my BMW yet, but do have 2 deletions coming off in the next couple days.  Back in 2010 I was informed that Verizon had put an entry on my CR for un unpaid amount of $347, due to a Verizon miss haps with me adding 4 new lines and changing my mailing address.  Speaking with various reps got me nowhere until one day I was offered a PFD.  Life got in the way, and unable to pay atm, no notes where put in system and when I called back take offer, it was nowhere to be found.  

Fast foward to this past December 2011, and determined to get it removed, I called Verizon, whom btw is almost impossible to help in situations of this sort, and spoke with recovery accounts and spoke with management.  I'll call the senior level rep I spoke to  Bob, and told him my story, his reply was nothing and he informed me that he didn't care who I went to, he wasn't going to remove entry.  I called 1/6/11 hopeing to get another management rep and my luck it was Bob again.  After three years of dealing with this entry, and over 15 hours of hold/talk time I was fed up and him not wanting to hear me out, I cussed, threatned his life and so forth.  

After two hours on the phone with Bob and trying to get him to reason I apologized at the end and informed him that I was taking it higher, and he politely said that's fine. Saturday I found information and decided to call Verizon on Monday, my number was taken along with email, and promised a call back.  It wasn't 2 hours before I got a call from someone at verizon.  This rep informed me that she had done some basic research and wanted to hear my side of the story.  After explaining she promised a call back with hopefully good news on Wednesday, told me her schedule, and I went on my way.  

I get an email today 1/11/12 from verizon explaining to me that the listing had been removed from my CR, completely, again I offered PFD, they choose no money deletion. This quite possibly has been the best day of my life dealing with credit issues.  To know that something with 4 years left of life was going to get cut short.  I spoke to the rep and thanked her for her help.  The next situation came with Allied INT, and this being simply a dispute that I put through Experian on Monday, and getting an email saying it was deleted.  My story is in the words of Jimmy V "don't give up, don't ever give up."  I'm glad to be part of community here and want to thank everyone not only who has helped but also posts on the forum.  I will continue to be here and even after I get my BMW to try to help peopl the best way I can.  Next up are 3 more entries removed from my CR, and hopefully more success stories.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Persistance

Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

Was that Verizon Wireless or Home Phone?  I have had no luck with their home phone branch at all...  

Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wow, that's a great success story !!  Congrats and good luck with your remaining baddies !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

verizon wireless, i have 2 verizon landlines, ill keep you posted on those, and how I go/went about it

Message 5 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@dalasdon wrote:

verizon wireless, i have 2 verizon landlines, ill keep you posted on those, and how I go/went about it

I've had a hell of a time with the home phone - paid them ages ago, before I knew about PFD and all that.  It's in my log if you want to see what I tried.  Let me know if you find something that works.

Message 6 of 9
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 7 of 9
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

Okay, so I called to discuss about my verizon landline collection that is being reported by verizon.  I told the rep that I had no knowledge of the account, and as I had moved and gotten new verizon service I believed they would foward the billing there.  Due to this minor address discrepancy, I was informed that if I pay the amount they will delete from my credit report.  Being a bit doubtful, I called back, spoke to a different and asked what notes where in the system and they were there, so I am going to send payment.   

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon Wireless told me the same thing a couple of years ago. I didn't move, but sure wish I had at that point.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.