Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistence with Goodwill Letters

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Persistence with Goodwill Letters

Hi

There is something we lose on a short term basis as I have sent numerous letters to Chase and while they have not removed any late payments, they changed the reporting status from paid to currently late 90 days! 

I have a zero balance for the last 2 years on a closed account so it is not possible to be currently late on a 100% paid off line of credit.  That tanked my FICO score by 9 points until I get that off again and it shows on my CR one delinquent account.  That is not the first time they have done that.  I have found in the past 24 months numerous lenders deliberately playing games.  The best game players are Citi, Chase and FMC.  That is what we are fighting against!

Message 11 of 15
JerryG2
Established Member

I have increased my scores by 98 points in one month. I have researched these forums, listened to the most sound advice, written GW letters and paid a few hundred down on cards. The beginning of 2010 has been a roller coaster ride for me with credit and fico scores but this site has given me the info I needed to get my fico scores back in order. Thanks to all that contribute.

Knowledge Is Power

Message 12 of 15
TugChris
Valued Member

Scuba,

It happens the other way too. I have been sending tons of GW letters out and Capital One sent one back saying "We received you letter but we have been reporting correctly....too bad so sad....." The dispute has been finalized and is over and all three CRAs had Capital One with 4-30day lates.....All 3 are now reporting Paid/Never Late for Capital One. With these lenders...you just never know. Persistance is key! 

12/12/2009: TU 607 EQ 589
03/24/2010Smiley Sadvia lender) EX 688
04/01/2010: TU 718 EQ 717
Message 13 of 15
JerryG2
Established Member

After increasing my scores.  I am about to close a loan to re-mortgage that I've been working on for sometime.

This will be then end of a financial struggle Ive fought for the past few years. I credit this forum and services for

helping me get back to financial state I was in before the bubble burst, by keeping me informed and providing the

knowledge needed to get things"back on track". I expect my scores to only go up from here, but with lifes ups and downs, and the struggle of the average American, theres noway to be more sure than to be informed.

Message 14 of 15
JerryG2
Established Member

Jessica, I was wondering if posting my goodwill letter helped at all, and what the outcome with JCP was.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.