Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Information

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Personal Information

I was out of the country for 6 years and returned 3 years ago. I'm sure while i was away a couple CA's were attempting to collect my debt from my siblings addresses. Now i have 9 addresses listed on my EQ... TU and EX both list 3. will these 9 previous addresses hurt me in any way? Does it show some risk? I really don't have proof of address for the 6 years i was on a boat. How can i dispute these with the CRA's if needed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Personal Information

Do lenders use "Personal Information" from your CR's to assess risk?

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would just write the CRAs asking that all addresses except your current one be removed, you want this done to prevent ID Theft. The thing with having mutliple addresses on file is it leaves you open to ID Theft over just having your current address on file.

Message 3 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I would just write the CRAs asking that all addresses except your current one be removed, you want this done to prevent ID Theft. The thing with having mutliple addresses on file is it leaves you open to ID Theft over just having your current address on file.

great idea, thanks, i'll write all 3. i just found this on barclay's control panel...

a financial institution assesses your risk by using the following factors:

Ability to pay: the capacity you have to repay your current debts and support additional debt; this is why banks collect information about your income, assets, and current debt.

Stability: relates to the length of time you have supported other loan products, how long you’ve lived in one location, or the length and type of employment you have; this helps lenders understand how likely you are to encounter issues that may impact your ability to support your obligations.

Willingness to repay: based mainly on your credit history, this tells banks how well you’ve handled your previous and current debts, which is a strong indicator of how well you will manage any new obligations.

Message 4 of 5
kjel
Established Contributor

I was able to clean up incorrect addresses via the online dispute process with each CRA.
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.