Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Installment Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Installment Loans

Hello all...

So I have been researching about mix of use and am wondering if I should have a personal installment loan on my CR. Right now EX is reporting the highest score. Do you all have any recommendations for this or do I not need to worry about it. Other than the one CC on my account that I have yet to use, I have student loans that are in forebearance until March of 2016. I am trying to make as many improvements as I can before it is time for me to start paying those back.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal Installment Loans

Normally you would only get a personal installment loan if you didn't have stuent loans or an auto loan.  They all count for the category of nonmortgage installment loan.

The only reason I wrote "normally" is I'm not sure if it makes any difference that your student loans are in forebearance.  I don't think this should matter, but others can chime in.

Message 2 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I would not bother with more loans. I only got one since no car, mortgage, nor any other loan in near future. Start using your card. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.