Eliz07

Personal Loan / Bad Credit / Co-Signer /

I have a FICO score around 550 (bad, I know--Trying to improve) 

I am in need of a personal loan (around $3500) to pay off ALL of my judgments (two) and collections, and also for vehicle repairs.  My mom is willing to co-sign, and I am willing to offer my vehicle (paid off obviously) as collateral, and she is even willing to offer her vehicle.  

Is this possible, or will I automatically be denied based on my collections/judgments?  I really don't want to apply, and have my scores be lowered just to be declined. 

If this IS possible, does anyone have any suggestions of what banks/companies I should consider?

Thanks so much!!

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Personal Loan / Bad Credit / Co-Signer /

A lot depends on mom's credit rating.  If she co-signs, that makes her liable for payment should the loan go into default.

It wont be a contract for which only you are liable, so they will also pull and consider her CR and score.

Loans like this are best secured if you have a lendor who is willing to sit down and talk with you, face-to-face.  Do you have membership with a credit union?

That is where I would first turn.

Eliz07

I unfortunately don't belong to a credit union. I would consider the co-signer's credit as "good" My dads on the other hand is EXCELLENT! I don't know if he would be willing to co-sign though. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Either find a CU or maybe try USBANK, you can apply as joint, put your mom as primary and you as secondary on the application.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Eliz07

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the tip creditaddict. But since I make more than my mom (she works less than part time) Should I really put her as the primary?

There isn't a US Bank near me (closest one is about 2.5 hours away) should I still apply with th em online?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

Know, OP, that paying off any judgments or CAs (without a PFD), won't help your FICO scores any. However, there are steps you can take to get them off (e.g. PFDs for the CAs).

New Visitor
Joseph3

Good afternoon everybody, I am in desperate need of a loan for $1000 to pay off bills & rent before I get evicted from my apartment. I have bad credit & tried desperately to find a loan. Is there anything that I can do? I do not want my kids and I to be on the street. Does anyone anybody that knows what I can do. I was thinking of even maybe asking any church in my area fir help but don't know if that is possible! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}