Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan/ Consolidation Advice

tag
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Personal Loan/ Consolidation Advice

I plan on getting some debt consildated and hope I get approved due to a slight high debt/income

no baddies.. score about 730

i was thinking of using PNC and getting the automatic payment taken out of checking.. has anyone gotten this type of loan? now do they send me a personal check or put the money in the account so I can pay off my own things and it doesn't look negative on my credit in any way? Or do they have to pay it and does it make my credit look bad in some way? I am about 14k with both cc debt and my car note that i owe a few thousand on still.. 

Goal is to get a lower payment monthly for the time being, and also the apr% lowered by having it all in one. I do know you still have to be careful about future cc usage.

I am about maxed out on all of my 4 cc except for maybe 400-500 left in credit lines on each. I know that doesn't look good, but **bleep** happens. 

Please advice...

Also am in good standing with wells fargo and may try through them if PNC denies.. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Re: Personal Loan/ Consolidation Advice

Anyone, Or is this the wrong section? 

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I would be turning to a CU for help in this case either a local one or one of the major nationals (NFCU, DCU, SDFCU).

Message 3 of 6
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

+1
I took my parents to their local CU and they were approved for a debt consolidation of 15k with 90%+ UTL. And even gave them a new cc to boot- I see this as highly unlikely at a major bank.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 6
srchick
Regular Contributor

Totally agree...especially Wells Fargo.  They're the "hardnosed" bank! Smiley Mad

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 5 of 6
vmdizzle33

My fiance and I had about $17,500 in credit card debt. We also have a mortgage, 2 car loans, and about $80,000 in student loans. We were paying $450 or more in just minumum payments and were barely able to stay afloat. We couldn't even pay our student loan payments. I was just able to go to my CU and get a $17,500 loan at 10.75% interest (which is half of what the interest was on the credit cards) for 5 years! We are cutting our monthly payments by about $100 and actually will have them paid off in 5 years. Definitely go to a credit union if you can. 

My FICO is 795 with 14% utilization rate and hers is 689 with 40% utilization. So it is possible to get an unsecured loan to pay off cards. I feel so much better knowing I will be CC debt free in 5 years!

We also both make less than $40k a year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.