Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loans for Fair Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Loans for Fair Credit

Hello everyone! 

I'm a newbie here, so I apologize if I post this incorrectly or if there is already a thread on this topic. I would like to know if anyone is aware of any reputable personal loans for fair/bad credit. My plan is to pay off some credit cards and the  few derogs that are left on my credit report. My current scores are 611-TU, 634-EQ and 626-EX and sadly I've worked hard to get them to this point. I fully understand that my scores and past history create a picture that I am uncreditworthy, now that I am educated and much more responsible I desperately want to change that. I've been rejected by Avant, Springleaf, OneMain, Borrowers First and Lending Point. Asking family is not an option. I'm getting frustrated and a bit depressed because I feel like I'm stuck and can't move forward.  

Also, I'd like to say that I've lurked for a long time on these forums and I've learned so much. I know that my improved scores and better understanding of credit is from all the advice, tips and resources I found here.  Thank you all. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loans for Fair Credit

Unfortunately there is nothing other than what you have tried. Even some of those lenders can be known as predatory too. What dergos and balances do you have? There are plenty of members on here that can help suggest a different game plan. Credit is a sprint not a marathon
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 QS: $630

First Premier: $350

Discover IT: $140

Derogs

Diversified Consultants: $151

Medical Collection: $197

AT&T: $151

There are a few others... I work 2 jobs and my pay is enough for my rent, monthly untilies, groceries and minimum payments (which are always on time). That's it. I feel like this should be so easy to wipe out. That's part of the frustration.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google hippa process and follow it exactly for the medical collection.

I would try and find a way to get that discover paid quickly. Can you cut back even further on groceries - ramen noodles or pasta for a month? What about utilities? Keep the place 2-3 degrees warmer this summer or cut back on cell/cable/internet bills.

What is your limit on the discover and the Cap1? See if there are any BT offers available online for 0%. I'm sure the interest on the First Premier is killing you. If you can get down to paying more than the minimums on 1-2 of the cards that will help.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will tak your advice for the medical collection. 

I don't have cable. I barely run my AC. My internet bill is $60. I try to budget for no more than $100 per month for groceries. I pack my lunch for work so that I don't spend extra money in the cafeteria.The limit on Cap1 is $750, Discover is a secured card and the limit is $200 and the First Premier was a prevously closed account. They offered to take the account out of collections and make it active as long as I pay on the balance each month. I dont even use the card, I just pay it. 

Message 5 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums OP! It appears you have tried some places that would have been suggested already. So next, trying to get the scores up a bit by tackling the items on reports is the route to go.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the discover is a secured card maybe one option is to pay it off as soon as possible and then closed it to use the 200 security deposit to try and settle att and diversified collections. Also with the Internet maybe cutting it and asking a neighbor to split it and only use the wifi.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I will tak your advice for the medical collection. 

I don't have cable. I barely run my AC. My internet bill is $60. I try to budget for no more than $100 per month for groceries. I pack my lunch for work so that I don't spend extra money in the cafeteria.The limit on Cap1 is $750, Discover is a secured card and the limit is $200 and the First Premier was a prevously closed account. They offered to take the account out of collections and make it active as long as I pay on the balance each month. I dont even use the card, I just pay it. 

Maybe this thread will help you out

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you bank with a local CU? Sometimes they can be quite helpful, even if you go in and talk to them they may be able to help you.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.