Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfd a collections account

tag
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Pfd a collections account

Hello all I have a question. I'm on the process of rebuilding. I have 3 collections accounts that are a pain in the a**.

One of my accounts in from IBC bank because I overdrafted my account and in return it's on my credit report. This is from 2013. It is with the collection agency now "Talbott Adams and Moore" I called and tried to settle with them rather than pay in full. The gentleman tells me they aren't in control of deleting accounts from CA. He said all they can do is request for it to be updated to settled for less than full amount. He said even if I pay in full it will not be removed. I know from experience that this will not help me. He said I'd have to call the CA myself and request it. Which makes no sense. My question is, is there a way I can get it removed?? I mean writing a pay for delete to the collections place won't do any good right? Nor will writing a pay for delete to the original creditor? He stated that the paper work is submitted to the chex system and to the 3 agencies. What can I try to get this deleted after payment?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pfd a collections account

wrote:
Hello all I have a question. I'm on the process of rebuilding. I have 3 collections accounts that are a pain in the a**.

One of my accounts in from IBC bank because I overdrafted my account and in return it's on my credit report. This is from 2013. It is with the collection agency now "Talbott Adams and Moore" I called and tried to settle with them rather than pay in full. The gentleman tells me they aren't in control of deleting accounts from CA. He said all they can do is request for it to be updated to settled for less than full amount. He said even if I pay in full it will not be removed. I know from experience that this will not help me. He said I'd have to call the CA myself and request it. Which makes no sense. My question is, is there a way I can get it removed?? I mean writing a pay for delete to the collections place won't do any good right? Nor will writing a pay for delete to the original creditor? He stated that the paper work is submitted to the chex system and to the 3 agencies. What can I try to get this deleted after payment?

You always send the PFD to the entity that is reporting on your CR. CAs are easier to work with. OCs typically wont grant one unless its really old and near dropping off anyway. Chex is a different animal and you would have to work with the bank on that one if you want that mark removed (after its been paid). If the OC and CA are reporting you would first try to get the OC to recall the CA in exchange for full payment this takes care of the CA entry if this is granted.

Message 2 of 5
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

I got it removed without paying lol. Thank you. The only thing left is to wait for Equifax to remove it because they refuse to take it off early.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get them to delete it? Trying to get a CA to delete the only negative thing on my report. I'd be happy to pay it in full if they would just delete it!

wrote:
I got it removed without paying lol. Thank you. The only thing left is to wait for Equifax to remove it because they refuse to take it off early.

Message 4 of 5
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Called and talked their ear off til I got the right rep.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.