Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfd...now what?

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Pfd...now what?

So I called portfolio today after countless emails and letters not being responded to! I asked for a pfd. The account executive said he can't legally say they'll delete, but he'll update the CRA with a letter stating paid in full or settled in full.

Now what?? I know this wont help me!! Ay ideas?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Pfd...now what?

Message 2 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If it updates to paid, start sending GW letters. 

I agree w/ Guiness...

PRA has been decent with GWs in cases..

Plus, sometimes, you just can't get a PFD from places.. PRA is a tough nut... If they won't give you a PFD, your only chance at removal is to pay and pray.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 24
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Hmmm, I am trying to work them for myself!  While they agreed to delete my husbands CA, they are standing firm on NOT accepting a PFD from me.

I am hoping to pay them off soon and start sending gw's.  Please keep us informed on your outcome.  It really helps us all!

Message 4 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

I did not pay. This is past the sol and I am only willing to pay at this point to get them off the credit!
Message 5 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
I did not pay. This is past the sol and I am only willing to pay at this point to get them off the credit!

That is what I am saying.

Taking a hard line prevents other removal ideas, especially if you are stuck with an account.. I understand and apperciate your stance, but its bullheaded and it hurts in some cases. 

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, or ride it out for 7 years. That is your choice, but if I were you, I would pay and GW. I did after years of fighting with them

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sometimes they just won't accept a PFD.  Or they will tell you that then delete it anyway.  It is a chance you would have to take.

Are you trying for a mortgage or anything?

Message 7 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

Hmmm, I am trying to work them for myself!  While they agreed to delete my husbands CA, they are standing firm on NOT accepting a PFD from me.

I am hoping to pay them off soon and start sending gw's.  Please keep us informed on your outcome.  It really helps us all!

Wow, now that's calling the kettle black.  They accepted your spouses but not yours?

Message 8 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

We want a mortgage next year, but this falls off next June.

I am hardheaded, but ive never gotten a gw deletion!
Message 9 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Well, many lenders will make you pay it anyway.  Whether it is off your report or not you still have to let them know you have unpaid debt and the lender is able to get your entire history.  It is rare that they will but they do have that option.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.