Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfd...now what?

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Pfd...now what?

@jzsnow wrote:
We want a mortgage next year, but this falls off next June.

I am hardheaded, but ive never gotten a gw deletion!

That is a bummer.. I had over 10 GW deletions after paying in full.. it, just like PFD is such a YMMV situation..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 11 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

They are updAed every month. So it's not like It's reporting from 6 years ago. My credit score is not moving at all, despite adding new credit a year ago and being responsible with it. I am assuming its not moving because this is being reported monthly.

It seems like paying it won't help me.
Message 12 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

How?? I've sent about 50 between my credit and my husbands and not had 1 success!!
Message 13 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
They are updAed every month. So it's not like It's reporting from 6 years ago. My credit score is not moving at all, despite adding new credit a year ago and being responsible with it. I am assuming its not moving because this is being reported monthly.

It seems like paying it won't help me.

they wont report month after it is paid. They stop reporting new updates.

Paying it will help you if it leads to a GW deletion... I just don't see your logic in this one..

-scott

Message 14 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Well, I've read on here many, many times that paying it without a pfd won't help your FICO. That's my logic.

What is the key to a good gw that is successful?
Message 15 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
How?? I've sent about 50 between my credit and my husbands and not had 1 success!!

Well; I have spent over 600 dollars in postage. I have sent over 300 letters. I have sent maybe 50 emails? Maybe 100? I have made tons of phone calls. I have a filing cabinet full with every report, return letter, address, disputes and dunnings. I absorb everything I can and handle every single account differently

PRA was actually one of the easiest. I paid them, in full, after dealing with those jerks for 5 years. I emailed their contact form and it was gone in three days.

Other people have reported them contiuing to be jerks.

I am not trying to prod you or annoy you, I am merely saying, when something doesn't work, you need to try something new.

-scott

Message 16 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

ThanksSmiley Happy I'm not annoyed, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong regarding this issue!

What did you write in your gw once the account was paid?
Message 17 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
Well, I've read on here many, many times that paying it without a pfd won't help your FICO. That's my logic.

paying without REMOVAL won't help your FICO --- PFD and GW are the exact same thing. a PFD is just a GW anyway. The first is a GW aggrement that is predicated on payment in a prid quo pro kinda deal, GW is the same thing after the fact.

I understand where you are coming from, but ask anyone who has had success with CAs, and they all will tell you there is a time to cut and run and try something else.

My GW success came because I was able to pay many of my CAs in full, and they were easier to GW... I had one that refused to work with me at all, and I had to let that one age off, but in general, I had great success , far more with GW than PFD... I had 3 pfds work... I had 10+ GWs work..

-scott

Message 18 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@jzsnow wrote:

paying without REMOVAL won't help your FICO --- PFD and GW are the exact same thing. a PFD is just a GW anyway. The first is a GW aggrement that is predicated on payment in a prid quo pro kinda deal, GW is the same thing after the fact.

I understand where you are coming from, but ask anyone who has had success with CAs, and they all will tell you there is a time to cut and run and try something else.

My GW success came because I was able to pay many of my CAs in full, and they were easier to GW... I had one that refused to work with me at all, and I had to let that one age off, but in general, I had great success , far more with GW than PFD... I had 3 pfds work... I had 10+ GWs work..

-scott

My letter usually said things like:

"I paid this debt, in full, without haggling and I hope you will grant me the favor of a deletion from my credit report"

and

"Although the FCRA requires all information reported is accurate, it does not mandate that all information is reported, therefor your company has leeway to remove this account from the CRAs, and I hope you do this in my case"

something like that

-scott

Message 19 of 24
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Scott, do you still have a contact at PRA?
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.