cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfd updated balance?

tag
Blrm

Pfd updated balance?

Hi all! About a week ago I negotiated a pfd with northeast credit collect aka commonwealth financial. The balance was $432 and was a medical bill. I offered $250 and they said for a delete, they charge $20. So I paid $270 and they sent an email stating it would be deleted from my CRs. They have updated the account to now reflect a balance of $182 with no other info changed. Still says unpaid. Is this a normal procedure? Are they updating the balance until they get around to deleting or are they trying to not honor our agreement?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Pfd updated balance?

I would give it a bit more time to see what happens.  If they don't delete as agreed, you have the email which can be used to your advantage.

I have seen where the balance gets updated then later deleted.  Not sure why this happens.

Message 2 of 8
Blrm

Oh thanks! I'm glad this has happened before..gives me hope.
Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, just give it a little time, but keep an eye on it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They actually said that they will delete for a specific, additional fee?

Kinda strange for them to state that you can buy their acting contrary to the written CRA policy of non-deletion based on payment by paying them off.

Stranger yet if they put that in writing.......

A good reason, in my opinion,  NOT to get the CRA involved in any failure on their part to abide by their "offer."

Message 5 of 8
Blrm

I thought it was strange, but they definitely did not put that part in writing...they just stated in the email that the settlement of $270 would satisfy the debt in full and would be deleted from CRs.
Message 6 of 8
Blrm

Update! It was gone when I pulled EQ today!! Now EX better follow suit Smiley Happy My EQ FICO went up 17 points too Smiley Happy)
Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.