Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom AMEX

tag
Doodles
Established Member

Phantom AMEX

Hi all-

I am 15 months post Ch7 discharge and have been rebuilding nicely.

Today I received an alert that showed a $5,500+ balance increase on an AMEX that I don't know about.  I've called AMEX and they have confirmed that there isn't a card with that number attached to my profile.  My EQ score tanked from 622 to 561.  So depressing.

Amex gave me a number to call on Monday for their credit bureau department.  Any ideas?

Doodles.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Phantom AMEX

Awww no. Get to the bottom of that. That sucks! Good luck. It may take some time, but you will clear that up. Once you get a letter from Amex stating that the stated card is not yours, the credit bureaus should remove the entry.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Phantom AMEX

@Doodles wrote:

Hi all-

I am 15 months post Ch7 discharge and have been rebuilding nicely.

Today I received an alert that showed a $5,500+ balance increase on an AMEX that I don't know about.  I've called AMEX and they have confirmed that there isn't a card with that number attached to my profile.  My EQ score tanked from 622 to 561.  So depressing.

Amex gave me a number to call on Monday for their credit bureau department.  Any ideas?

Doodles.

I would be checking to see if this is reporting on your CR directly with the CRA. 3rd party pullers have ghost accounts pop up all the time.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.