Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Delinquency Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phantom Delinquency Transunion

Hello all! I have discovered something on my Transunion report that has me confused. It says that I have one delinquency on my report. My last 30 day was from 2007 (zero balance and closed), all baddies have been included in bankruptcy and a zero balance dated 2008, and one collection from 2008 that shows zero balance and included in bankruptcy. All my open accounts have a perfect history since 2008 (3 CC, one auto, and one installment). The only account I can think of that it would consider delinquent would be a couple student loans are reporting wrong as of 1/2012 as included in bankruptcy but they even show a zero balance. I have faxed a letter from the student loan company to fix that error. Anyone have any idea what they are calling delinquent? Doesnt a delinquent account have to be open? If it is the old 30 days or BK accounts why does it say 1 delinquency?  I think this might be what it keeping my Transunion score down.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Phantom Delinquency Transunion

Is this coming from your FICO report? What exactly does it say?

A delinquent account can either be opened or closed. Most often it is closed because creditors will close the account when you are continually bad per payment history.

Are the BK accounts showing a DOFD? I'm not up to date with reporting of BK'd TLs, but I do know an IIB comment is a negative and you certainly wouldn't want them to update.

Is your TU score from myFICO?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the one delinquency listed in the "Trending" section after a Transunion.com pull. It said I had 2 delinquencies now only 1. My score from this site is 631 and my score from Transunion's site is 689. None of the IIB accounts have a DOFD but they all have a status date. The two student loans that I faxed a dispute about were updated and show a status date of 02/2011 and were updated on 1/2012. They are in deferment and were not included in the BK. I know they are knocking my score and hope to have them corrected after my fax is processed. I guess what confused me is that it lists 1 delinquency when there are 2 incorrect student loans and about 10 IIB accounts. My other scores are climbing nicely and thanks to this website have went up 100+ points in the past 3 months. Transunion is being tough to figure out.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The term "delinquency" usually refers to a monthly delinquency with the OC.  I presume that your CR is using that term for that purpose.

If so, then the DOFD is meaningless.  DOFD only has relevance with respect to a charge-off or collection.

If the CR shows a 30 late from 2007, that alone would be a prior delinquency.  Prior delinquencies dont cease once the account is closed and the debt is paid or discharged.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.