Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase 2 Complete

tag
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Phase 2 Complete

As of yesterday, the last payment on all my old debt cleared the bank!  Phase 2 of my rebuilding process is complete!

I started Phase 1 in November 2010 by pulling my credit report to see where I stood.  I sat down to figure out what I could pay immediately and what I would need to pay out over time.

Phase 2 started in November with me paying off smaller items:  a couple hundred dollars on a student loan that got missed in consolidation, and $150 on an old credit card.  In addition, I had two Capital One charge offs, which I set up payment arrangements on.  One was paid off in May, the other yesterday.  For the record, Capital One was great to work with... their collection agency not so much.

Now for Phase 3, which is waiting for baddies to drop off my report and never being late on a payment again.  Challenge Accepted!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Re: Phase 2 Complete

Great Job! I really enjoy reading these types of posts. It gives me hope on my adventure.....

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 2 of 4
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I was so certain I would end up screwing it up.  I had basically completely ignored my credit for years, always assuming it was hopeless.  I've even gotten past the obsessive credit report pulling period :-)

Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Excellent news!!!!  I know that feeling!  I remember getting crap 1 paid off...and Midland Credit Mgmt too.  I just felt...free!  During that 1.5 yrs paying those off, I'd even had older baddies drop.   I'd ignored bad credit for a LONG time! 

I had to laugh about the obsessive credit pulls!  Been there too!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.