Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for Experian/I need to speak to someone there

tag
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Phone number for Experian/I need to speak to someone there

Wondering if anyone has a phone number for Experian that they could share so that I can speak to someone about a stale item that is on my report.  I am in the middle of the mortgage process and I can't do an online dispute.  This is a paid collection that should come off under New York's five year rule.  Transunion and Equifax removed it automatically but it is still on Experian.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: Phone number for Experian/I need to speak to someone there

PM'd you.  Good luck.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm having the same problem and I also need a phone number for Experian. I disputed the stale item online but all they did was add a statement "item disputed by consumer." This is a fully paid (not settled) collection more than 5 years old.

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm having the same problem and I also need a phone number for Experian. I disputed the stale item online but all they did was add a statement "item disputed by consumer." This is a fully paid (not settled) collection more than 5 years old.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/CRA-Phone-amp-Fax-Numbers/td-p/408086

I would have only disputed this if it was showing as unpaid, when it updates (if it hasnt been updating monthly) the status date comes current and it will drop your Fico score as it looks brand new in Ficos eyes.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be off my report and it's not so I'm not sure how I could get it off without disputing. But it won't hurt because it was updating every single month anyway. This was the first month it was updated as paid, before now it was updating declining balances.

Message 5 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I have not had any success speaking with a live human without having a "report number". Not sure if there is a number to get around that.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rain77,

I recently had a car loan applied with 640 experian and I got approved from santander , you say in one of the post that you got 20% for 400 credit score. do they just do flat 20% or use induatry standard approach.

your observation on other low scoring folks getting 20% as flat would be helpfull for better understanding on how each candidate is evaluated with different credit score.

regards

balaji

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.