Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piggybacking

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Piggybacking

It would be logical for a lendor to choose to ignore the effects of credit history not your own in their evaluation of their lending decision.

Having an AU history in your CR may look good upon a simple look at your three-digit score, but it also, upon review, makes that three-digit score itself unusable to anyone who wants to discount the AU history in their evaluation.

There is simply no way for them to remove the AU information and generate a FICO score that does not include it.  They dont have their own handy FICO scoring algorithm to do that.  So it kinda throws into doubt the entire value of your score.

AU inflation is not all gravy.

Message 11 of 13
Treysdaddy08
Valued Member

Correct me if I wrong, but doesn't an AU account authorize you to use the CL? Therefore, if the OP has a CL available to her of 12k, and it's being handled properly, wouldn't that factor in her scoring and a manual eval?

Starting Score: 2/2/12 - 551
Current Score: 3/18/12 - 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

AU status, reporting, and scoring is a contrivance (I dont necessarily use that term negatively) that is not mentioned anywhere in statute or regulation.

There is no "authorization" involved, other than the CRA permiting it to put it in a credit file, and Fair Isaac's decision to include it in their scoring.

Nothing mandates a credtior to consider a CL not granted to the AU as having benefit of being their own.

They can choose to totally ignore any FICO score in their deliberations.  They only have to address their view of the consumer's credit score in their decision making if they state that it was a factor contributing to their denial of credit, which then requires them to identify those factors. Ergo, the use of FICO "reason codes."

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.