Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piggybacking

tag
aces33
New Contributor

Piggybacking

Hey guys, been reading for a while and getting great tips but now i need to know 2 things. First - how long does it take to be added to a wells fargo credit card as a AU - is it 30-45 business days or reg. days? Second my brother has a chase account with a 11k limit - he's never missed a payment but his credit score is probably mid 600's , if he adds me to just that card will my score go higher than his?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Re: Piggybacking

My husband added me to his Chase Slate on 3/27. On 3/28, it was reporting via Experian. I haven't pulled my TU and EQ CRs but I'm assuming it's on all three.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 8
aces33
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply .. maybe i need to be more specific on what i'm asking. If my brother puts me on his chase card.. No matter his score will i just get the benefit from his one card?

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@aces33 wrote:

Thanks for the reply .. maybe i need to be more specific on what i'm asking. If my brother puts me on his chase card.. No matter his score will i just get the benefit from his one card?

His scores have no affect on you. You will benefit from being a AU on his card as long as it doesn't have any lates.

Message 4 of 8
aces33
New Contributor

Thanks - he has no lates on this card.

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The payment history (no lates is a good thing), the length of history in relation to your AAoA, the length of history in relation to your oldest TLs, utilization on that card and utilization on that card in relation to your overall util all come into play, as well as improvement to your mix of credit, if any at all. So, if you add an AU that has lates reporting, is a new CC, and has a high util, then expect a score drop when added. Conversely, if the card is very old in relation to your other accts, has a balance near $0, and this was your first, second, or even third CC reporting then expect a gain.

Message 6 of 8
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Ilecs, I just had an 'aha' moment after reading your reply--if I understand it correctly. I was a bit baffled as to why I only received a 7 point score increase after being added as an AU on my husband's card which has a $56 balance and an $8500 CL and no lates. My oldest CCs are from 2007. My husband was PC to this Chase CC in 2006 and that is the year that appears on my CR. Therefore, it didn't impact my score as much because it's only a year older than my oldest CC??

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 8
aces33
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply's ... what i'm going to wait for him to so is pay it down a little more , i have a 640 FICO , i'm trying to buy a house , but i'm trying to go in with a 720+ score. I have a perfect payment history all student loans and all my credit cards but i have a very limited history.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.